YMCA Swim Lessons are focused on keeping kids safe in and around water while developing confidence and skills that last a lifetime. Our programs are about more than just the techniques and skills. They are about nurturing swimming skills and developing self-esteem. When it comes to swimming and water safety, no one is trusted more than the YMCA, America’s Swim Instructor. In fact, group swim instruction was developed by the YMCA in 1906.
GROUP LESSON CLASS TIMES & DESCRIPTIONS
Parent/Tot Water Safety
6 mos–3 yrs | Not offered this fall
Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Ages 4–5 | Mon & Wed, 6:45–7:15pm in Oct
Increases comfort with under water exploration, and introduces basic self rescue skills performed with assistance.
Levels 2 & 3
Mon & Wed, 6:10pm-6:40pm in Oct. and Nov.
- Water Movement (Level 2): Beginner: Encourages forward movement iater and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
- Water Stamina (Level 3): Beginner: Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stage.
Levels 4 & 5
Mon & Wed, 6:45-7:15pm in Nov.
- Stroke Introductions (Level 4): Students will learn stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl, and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick. Water safety is reinforced through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- Stroke Development (Level 5): Students will work on stroke technique and learn all major competitive strokes. The emphasis on water safety continues through treading water and sidestroke.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Get one-on-one attention and direction tailored just for you with our private swim lessons! Each 6-week private swim session includes one 30-minute lesson each week.
Cost (swimmers at similar swimming levels)
- 1 SWIMMER CLASS: Member: $65; Program Participant: $130
- 2 SWIMMERS CLASS: Member: $55/swimmer; Program Participant: $110/swimmer
- 3 SWIMMERS CLASS: Member: $45/swimmer; Program Participant: $90/swimmer
Lessons are by appointment only. Your instructor will call within one week of registration to set up the lessons. To make the most of your lessons, please be at the pool and ready at your lesson’s start time, as time lost due to arriving late will not be made up.
For more information, contact Ana Meza, Healthy Lifestyle Director, at email@example.com, or Kristiaan Edwards, Aquatics Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships available through our Everyone Belongs Scholarship.